Orca Slip Semi-Permanent Liquid
- Short cure time for faster turnover
- Does not require a sealer
- Extra high slip properties for difficult releases
- Mold release
- Ships within one business day
ORCA SLIP uses a cross linking polymer technology which reduces user costs by improving the mold treatment process. It combines mold release with multiple pulls, high slip qualities and durability when molding intricate parts. ORCA SLIP has a short cure time for fast turnover and does not require a sealer. It utilizes a proprietary release polymer blended into a rapidly evaporating carrier. This carrier functions to dissolve the release agent, dispersing it uniformly throughout the mold surface while preventing premature buildup. ORCA SLIP can be used for both gel-coated and non-gel-coated molding applications including:
hand lay-up, mandrel molding, solid surface, casting, compression molding, polymer concrete, resin transfer, extrusion, encapsulation and pressing. It may be utilized for most thermoset and thermoplastic resins and gel coats such as polyester, DCPD, epoxy, vinyl ester, melamine, phenolics, PU, ABS, nylon, PVC, PP, PE, and acrylic.
• EXTRA HIGH SLIP PROPERTIES FOR DIFFICULT RELEASES
• SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE WITHOUT THE USE OF A SEALER
• SHORT CURE TIME FOR FAST TURNOVER
• ALLOWS MULTIPLE MOLDING CYCLES
• ECONOMICAL WITHOUT SACRIFICING PERFORMANCE
• APPLIES QUICKLY AND EASILY
• EXCELLENT FOR INTRICATE MOLD CONFIGURATIONS
1. Thoroughly clean the entire mold surface from all contaminants such as previous release agents, sealers, oils, and waxes utilizing ORCA CLEAN.
2. Apply ORCA SLIP with a clean – lint free cotton cloth in circular motion uniformly covering a few square feet of the mold surface at a time. Avoid pooling or over application.
3. When ORCA SLIP begins to flash off, wipe off any excess with a clean, dry lint free cloth.
4. Allow 5 minutes between coats before applying the next coat.
5. Apply a total of 6-8 coats on a new or repaired mold. Apply a total of 4-6 coats on a seasoned mold.
6. Once final coat of ORCA SLIP is applied and cured, wait for an additional 15 minutes before beginning molding operations.
7. Reapply 1 coat of ORCA SLIP as needed when difficulty releasing occurs
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including n-Hexane which is known to the State of California to cause developmental problems in males. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov