Chopped Strand Mat 2 OZ. X 50 Inch Wide Full Roll
- Short strands of fiber held together by a styrene binder
- Builds up thickness quickly
- Also known as fiberglass mat
- Conforms to tight curves and corners
- Can be torn or cut to size
- Low cost and easy to use
- Ships within one business day
Chopped strand mat is made up of short randomly oriented strands of fiber that are held together with a styrene binder. When polyester or vinyl ester resin is added, the binder dissolves and the fibers can be moved around. Mat is great for molds or parts where thickness is needed. If strength is needed, layer the mat between woven fiberglass cloth.
Chopped strand mat is NOT compatible with epoxy resin.
Approximately 100 lbs. per roll. Sold by the roll. Compatible with polyester and vinylester resin.